Your Options for Providers and Programs
Moving a family to a new community requires a bit of research on many fronts – particularly when you have young children who require childcare. In most suburban towns, there are many options to choose from - from traditional daycare centers to smaller home-based settings to nannies. We trust you’ll know what fits best for your family. At Hayden Rowe Properties, we are committed to guiding our clients through a seamless process in all aspects of your move. Let us reduce your research “to-do” list by helping you identify the childcare options.
Early age options
- Ashland KinderCare, 367 Pond Street, 508-881-2233 – open Monday-Friday from 6:30am-6pm, multiple programs offered for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years old
- Cedar Street Kids Club, 300 Eliot Street, and 118 Main Street, 508-656-0316 – open Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm, multiple programs offered for children ages 6 weeks through pre-K; before- and after-school options also available for school-aged children
- Dream Station Early Learning Center (owned and operated by Metro West Worship Ministries), 350 Pleasant Street, 508-881-7670 – open Monday-Friday from 7am—6pm; multiple programs offered from infants through pre-K; before- and after-school options for school-aged children; summer programs offered
School-age before/after school options
In addition to some of the options above, Ashland Public Schools offers before- and after-school programs for school-aged children.
- Ashland Extended Day Program – Self-supported program run by the Ashland Public Schools and a Parent Advisory Board; multiple locations offering before- and after-school care offered for K through 6th-grade students, beginning at 7am until 6pm. For more, contact program director at 508-532-8044
- Metrowest YMCA School’s Out Ashland Program 508-435-9345, ext. 115 – Monday-Friday after school until 6:30pm
If you’re just beginning your family and still haven’t decided whether outside care or a nanny would be best for you, we found this recent Verywellfamily article that may help you think through your decision.